Are you looking for olive oil benefits and side effects? Learn More about the benefits of olive oil for hair, skin, and pregnant women, and increase immunity and the body in general, and for the heart and protection from cancer, and what are its uses, and also to identify the correct way to use it, and also what are its side effects?.
Olive Oil is rich in healthy nutritional fats, so it increases the life expectancy of an individual and reduces the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and stroke.
Olive oil is obtained from the olive tree by applying strong pressure on the olive. It is used in cosmetics, medicine, cooking, soaps, and as a fuel for old traditional lamps.
Below we will explain in detail to you, the most important health benefits of olive oil without making you bored.
Health Benefits of Olive Oil
1) Protecting the heart and blood vessels
Olive oil is the main source of dietary fat in the diet, which works on; Reducing the death rate from heart and vascular diseases.
People who regularly eat olive oil are less likely to develop cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, stroke, high cholesterol, and triglyceride levels. So frying foods with olive oil reduce the risk of heart disease or premature death.
2) Avoid stroke:
Olive oil is an easy and inexpensive way to reduce strokes, especially for the elderly.
Older people who regularly use olive oil, whether in cooking, salads, or even with bread, are 41% less likely to have strokes than those who did not.
3) The benefits of olive oil in fighting depression:
Adding olive oil to your food avoids depression, as it enriches you with monounsaturated fats.
4) Reducing breast cancer
Virgin olive oil protects the body against breast cancer, unlike other vegetable oils, as it reduces p21Ras activity.
It prevents DNA damage, promotes the death of cancer cells, and changes in protein pathways.
5) This reduces blood cholesterol by consuming it once per day for six weeks.
6) It protects against Alzheimer’s disease.
7) Extra virgin olive oil rich in oleic acid helps protect against acute inflammation of the pancreas.
8) Extra virgin olive oil protects the liver from tissue damage and oxidation.
9) The benefits of olive oil for the ulcerative colon:
Olive oil helps protect against ulcerative colitis. It is a disease that causes inflammation of the large intestine (colon) by eating two to three tablespoons of olive oil daily.
Nutritional Benefits of Olive Oil.
Here are the most important nutritional benefits for every 100g of olive oil:
Energy: 3701 kJ = 885 kcal.
Fat: 100 gr.
– saturated fat: 14 g
– monounsaturated fat: 73 g
– unsaturated: 11 g
– omega-3 fatty: 1.5 g
– omega 6: 3.5 to 21 g
– vitamin “any”: 14 mg = (93% of daily consumption Adult Recommended)
– Vitamin KA: 62 mcg (59% of the daily recommended consumption for adults).
Olive oil is not only considered an additional component to increase the nutritional value of eating, but rather has a feminine aspect that helps increase a woman’s beauty, and make her more feminine by beautifying her crown (a woman’s crown) and her hair.
Here are the most important nutritional benefits of olive oil for hair and how to use it.
Recommended article for You: Oranges: Health Benefits, Nutrition, and Side Effects
Benefits of Olive Oil for hair.
1) Moisturizes the scalp and reduces dandruff.
2) Protects hair from breaking and split.
3) It helps hair grow healthy and shiny because it contains vitamin E and A as well as anti-oxidants.
4) Olive oil helps to straighten hair and prevent tangle and frizziness.
5) It helps smooth and natural hair smoothness.
The method: Heat a little olive oil by putting it in the microwave or by heating it by exposing it, taking care to only warm it.
Place a spoon or two (as needed) in the palm of your hand and rub them well, then start massaging your hair from the scalp to the ends.
When finished, cover your head with a plastic bath cap or an old towel to allow warm olive oil to interact with your hair, then leave it for 5 to 45 minutes, and then rinse it well with your favorite shampoo.
Repeat this process at most once or twice a week.
And it is better to mix it with ( coconut oil or rosemary oil) and leave it for an entire night while covering it with a bath cover or with a towel.
Benefits of Olive Oil for the Skin.
1) Smoothing hands.
Olive oil is a perfect oil to soften hands by mixing some drops of it with your soap while washing hands.
Repeat this process every few days (day in and day out) for better results.
Olive oil is very excellent for strengthening nails and avoiding breaking them by massaging hands with olive oil, especially the area around the nails with the wearing of cotton gloves (cotton gloves) in order to maintain the hands better, or you can mix olive oil with sandalwood oil to soften and soften more.
3) The benefits of Olive Oil in Treating Dry Skin.
Olive oil reduces dryness of the skin quickly, and easily being a skin moisturizer. Just massage your body with it daily, especially after showering, but make sure your skin absorbs it before wearing your clothes because it takes a lot of time for the skin to absorb it completely.
For faster absorption, add a little aloe vera. Massage it daily for a week for smoother skin. Also massage your body, after bathing, with a mixture of olive oil and chamomile oil two to three times daily for a week to get rid of dehydration permanently.
4) Olive oil to fight wrinkles.
Olive oil is very effective to reduce the signs of wrinkles and avoid them completely. Apply directly to the skin with a massage and that once to twice a week, it keeps your skin smooth without the signs of wrinkles.
With all these olive oil health benefits and benefits, care should be taken when using it. So, the increased use of anything, especially if it is beneficial, often turns against, and you will be more sure when you read the side effects of olive oil.
Benefits of Olive Oil for Pregnant Women
Olive oil helps avoid stretch marks from pregnancy, and using extra virgin olive oil during pregnancy may improve your child’s motor reactions. The benefits of olive oil to strengthen immunity.
Extra virgin olive oil may help you become more resistant to infection. It contains a wide range of antioxidants.
Recommended article – olive oil to remove stretch marks
Other uses of olive oil.
1) An alternative to shaving cream.
2) Treatment of eczema by rubbing it in the palm of the hand and placing it on the affected areas.
3) Softening the doors by putting it on the joints.
4) A natural way to remove eye and face makeup in general by applying it to a small piece of cotton and wiping the entire face with this cotton. Make sure to rinse your face well with water. Olive oil is a fatty oil.
5) Polished for furniture.
6) It removes earwax by placing a few drops of it for 3 to 4 days inside the ear.
7) Treatment for baby diapers.
8) Make-up brush cleaner by mixing it with a little soap
9) It helps fix the suspended zippers naturally.
10) Treatment for austere feet by applying it after using a pumice stone and then wearing socks throughout the night.
11) Reducing bad cholesterol levels – Olive oil contains polyphenols that help to maintain LDL cholesterol levels within healthy ranges.
12) Make you less hungry – Olive oil makes you feel hungry quickly and tends to make you eat less and has less desire for sugar.
13) Treating or reducing acne – although it seems unexpected to use olive oil to fight pimples and blackheads, using olive oil and rubbing salt helps treat some types of acne.
Benefits of Olive Oil for Sex
Olive oil promotes blood circulation to all areas of the body, including hard-to-reach areas like sexual areas.
Side Effects of Olive Oil.
1) saturated fatty acids.
Using 2 tablespoons of olive oil in one meal means eating a large amount of saturated fatty acids. This is almost 3 times higher than four chicken breasts.
These saturated fats can increase the risk of fatal diseases such as atherosclerosis, obesity, heart attack and stroke, breast cancer and colon cancer, and so on.
2) Long-term illness.
Olive oil is from refined or partially hydrogenated oils under high pressure and temperature, and this process changes the molecular structure of olives, thus burning the “omega-3” and healthy fatty acids.
Therefore, it affects the level of cholesterol in the blood by lowering the good cholesterol and raising the bad one, which leads, in the long run, to the risk of cardiovascular disease.
3) Reducing blood sugar level.
It may sound a little strange, but olive oil can lower blood sugar levels than normal. Frequent use of it leads to hypoglycemia, weakness, sweating, and trembling. So diabetics should avoid using it.
4) Low blood pressure.
Excessive use of olive oil leads to low blood pressure and consequently greater exposure to dizziness, lightheadedness, stroke, kidney failure .etc.
Olive oil contains a high percentage of fat and thus increase the chance of infection, especially infections caused by immune cells.
6) Gallbladder diseases.
Obese people should avoid eating and using olive oil as it can block bitterness and form stones.
The percentage of fats is high in olive oil, as it may cause digestive disorders and problems, such as diarrhea.
It is, of course, a laxative, but too much of it gets worse.
Olive oil is rich in dietary fats that really contribute to increased body weight. Contrary to what is known, it is a healthy alternative to traditional cooking oil and it is very useful in maintaining ideal body weight.
Olive oil can cause severe allergies such as contact dermatitis, eczema, respiratory allergy, and so on, whether by applying it directly to the skin or inserting it into the food.
Summary: At a glance
What are the benefits of olive oil?
Virgin olive oil moisturizes the scalp, reduces dandruff, and protects hair from breakage and split ends.
Olive oil helps avoid stretch marks from pregnancy.
Olive oil promotes blood circulation to all areas of the body, including hard-to-reach areas like sexual areas
It is used;
In cosmetics, medicine, cooking, soaps, and as a fuel for old traditional lamps.
Olive oil reduces dryness of the skin quickly, and easily being a skin moisturizer.
Treatment for baby diapers.
Extra virgin olive oil may help you become more resistant to infection.